Support for MSI Laptops with Steelseries keyboard

I was hoping to see support in particular for the MSI GE68 but there are various perkey LED keyboards on various different MSI laptops made by steelseries. Would love to see support as this app looks amazing. I wish I could use it right now.

We need USB captures to support a device, can you get USB captures and send them to us?

1- Install Wireshark and the USBPcap module

2- Start capturing your USB

3- Open the manufacturer’s software

4- Select the mode to change the device zones to a single color and the color we want is Light Blue: #2FACED

5- Optionally set a single zone or key to one of those colors while the rest is black

6- Close the manufacturer’s software

7- Stop the capture on Wireshark and save the capture

8- Create a new Issue tracker and attach the capture file along with the device info: Issues · SignalRgb / Signal Plugins · GitLab

So obviously by asking this question it will be clear ive never done this before. But, you need usb captures for a keyboard that isnt plugged into a usb port? Its a built in keyboard to a laptop. I apologize if this is a dumb question but i just wanted to make sure before i followed your steps. However, its a steelseries keyboard. Just a built in one.

I’m just starting to mess around with wireshark but I don’t know how to tell if the keyboard and the other leds (on the back of the screen and a bar on the bottom front of the laptop) are being captured. Is there a way to confirm the leds are being captured by wireshark?

The keyboard uses a usb connection to communicate with your system, you need to filter out which device is your keyboard, the best way is to start capturing, stop and then sort the capture by the Info column and check the descriptor packages, here’s an example from a Asus motherboard:

I figured it out. My device is officially listed as an issue.

I added all the info I think can help. Please let me know if I can add anything more.

1 Like

Is there anything else that you would need from me to get my device supported?

We will take a look, out list is kinda big :sweat_smile:

Oh I’m sorry… Didnt mean to bother anyone. Just thought you might be waiting on me for something. Can’t wait to use this program with my computer because there are so many lights on it!

1 Like