Start As Administrator

1. Exit SignalRGB by right-clicking the tray icon and choosing Quit.

1. Search for SignalRGB in the start menu, then right click on the app and choose Run as Administrator.

If the built in “Run as Administrator” toggle is not working within SignalRGB, try the method below to make SignalRGB run as administrator on launch.

Right click the SignalRGB shortcut and Run as administrator or Right click %localappdata%\VortxEngine\SignalRgbLauncher.exe and Run as administrator

• Turn off autostart in Signal (Settings → Windows Settings → Startup Behavior)
  • Then, press WIN + R and enter shell:startup in the box that opens. Press OK.
  • Create a shortcut in the folder that opens, pointing to %localappdata%\VortxEngine\SignalRgbLauncher.exe
  • Right click the new shortcut and go to the Compatibility tab. Make sure the “Run as Admin” box is checked.

Please Note running as administrator is required for GPU fan control at this time.

Followed all these steps, but SRGB still does not start when I login. If I right-click on the icon in the start menu and “run as admin”, it works. I will create a task to run when I logon and see what happens.

That worked perfectly along with making sure it “runs with highest privileges” and run as my userid (which is an admin user). Don’t know if it also works like this for an ordinary user, because I don’t know if an ordinary user can select that checkbox .

1 Like

The trick of creating a Windows task with highest privileges, stopped working after I turned on folder protection. NOTE: I am running Windows 11. Every time I check folder access blocking history, SRGB and Whirlwind both show up, even after I have previously permitted them to access the requested folder. It would be really great if these programs would allow me to put their saved info in a user folder.
PS. Clicking “restart” in the system tray icon DOES work.

1 Like