Automatic Signal Restart upon PC wake

My PC enters sleep considerably often and while running LEDs it makes sense for them to turn off regularly when it’s not in use. Yet I have to manually restart Signal whenever I wake my PC. This Should be automated. It starts up and lights them up when you start your PC. It should be able to detect PC mode state changes and react accordingly.

1 Like

I agree that this would be a welcome improvement to the product. I played around a little bit and decided not to leave well enough alone.

First, I experimented and created a batch file that would kill the SignalRGB process and then restart it:

@echo off
taskkill /f /im SignalRgb.exe
start C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Local\VortxEngine\app-2.2.32\SignalRgbLauncher.exe --silent

Then I added a task to Task Scheduler to run the batch file above “At log on”. It seems to work beautifully to restart SignalRGB after my PC is wakened from hibernation. Depending on your circumstances, you may need to change the trigger action to something else.

I hope this is useful to you in some way.

Mark

2 Likes

Well, they seemed to have added this functionality in according to my most recent test of the software. In only a months time. Impressive. For all I know it could have just been a glitch.

Though, That’s pretty neat to know you can do that through batch files. If I got back any sooner I would have been especially stoked to see you solved my issue. Bravo, anyways.

1 Like